We help people who work at the following companies all across the nation:
4. State of Washington Employees
5. Bank of America (all major banks)
6. Or self- employed people who purchased their own LTD policy (doctors, dentists, architects, lawyers).
If your company provides a long term policy for you or you may be entitled to benefits if you are disabled. Make sure you protect your rights and speak with a qualified long term disability policy today. Cunnane Law will provide you a complimentary consultation.
Is your Long Term Disability Insurance Company on the list?
A comprehensive study was undertaken by the American Association for Justice (AAJ), it was determined there are very difficult companies for long-term disability insurance companies for consumers.
7. Lincoln National
8. The Hartford
9. Disability Management Services (DMS)
See AAJ. The ten worst insurance companies in America (July 9th 2008)
Although no insurance company is above denying a legitimate claim for benefits, some have made it art form knowing that many people may give up before seeing the claim process through. Cunnane Law works with our clients and the medical providers to prove your claim and fight for your rights. Call us for a free consultation now at 425-672-7100.
Keep in mind if you have been denied your benefits there are dead-lines that need to be followed promptly.
Do you need an attorney for a long term disability or social security claim?
If you have been injured or become ill and cannot work, you may be eligible for “long term disability” (LTD) or social security benefits. Not every employee has LTD insurance, it depends on whether there was an insurance policy purchased. LTD insurance companies can be impartial with their actions and accepting of claims for disability. The bottom line is the more insurance companies pay out the less money they earn. This means the insurance companies will play hardball and deny even a worthy claim. I have seen these insurance companies use secretly taken video of your activities such as walking to the car or taking out the trash. Later this video may be used against you to argue you are not disabled.
Cunnane Law helps people who have been disabled and have long term disability coverage or social security claims. Because the LTD companies do not play fair, it is very important that you speak with an attorney who specializes in LTD cases. Further the case has specific deadlines and rules that you need to follow in order to have success, failure to meet the deadlines or know the rules may mean you case is denied.
If you have LTD insurance and your disability claim has been denied or you are thinking about opening a claim, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible. Cunnane Law works closely with your medical doctors to get the evidence we need to support the medical information you need to win your claim.
Ten Tips for Handling the Disability Claims Process
Your doctors think you are disabled and your employer thinks you are disabled; but your insurance company may not. Below are 10 tips to keep in mind as you work with your doctors:
- Obtain a copy of your individual disability policy and read the provisions carefully.
- Understand the definition of “disability” as written in your individual disability policy.
- Always send information to the insurance company “certified mail/return receipt requested.”
- Be prepared for all verbal communication with the claims representative.
- Maintain open and honest communication with your treating physicians.
- Do not provide lengthy written documentation to the insurance company.
- Accept that the insurance company will probably investigate your claim, including surveillance, or visit you personally.
- Be mindful of what you sign. Read every authorization carefully.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Keep in mind that, as an insured, you have a duty to cooperate with the insurance company, which may include a medical examination by a physician of the company’s choice.
The disability insurance claims process can be confusing and, at times, overwhelming – especially at a time when you are faced with personal physical challenges. However, there are things you can do to help navigate and streamline the claims process, and improve your ability to obtain the benefits you purchased under your policy.
We recommend you contact a qualified disability attorney before you even file for your claim. We’ve helped hundreds collect the disability benefits they’ve paid for and we can help you.
Does My Disability Qualify for a Claim?
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Chronic dry eyes
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Neck and back degenerative disease
- Traumatic conditions (PTSD)
- Neurological disorders (MS)
- Mental Illness (Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Phobia)
All of these conditions and more may be covered under your long-term disability policy.
Long-term disability insurance is intended to help support you if you cannot work. Unfortunately, although the process to claim should be a straightforward, it is anything but easy. Even if you’ve paid premiums for a long time, your LTD Company may deny your rightful LTD claim and leave you without income.
Cunnane Law helps people with ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act) and non ERISA claims.
Have you been denied your LTD benefits?
After you receive a denial letter from the LTD Company you could become very upset and disappointed. This is a very important time to contact us and ask for help. Your company may try to deny a rightful claim. This may result in a bad faith claim when your insurance company does not pay a valid claim.
Is it time to call a LTD attorney?
Unfortunately, we have seen somes people give up without getting their rightful benefits. Because you have paid premiums, you have a right to have an appeal on your claim. However, there are strict deadlines for filling an appeal. Making the decision to contact an LTD attorney will ease your mind and lessen your stress to make this difficult process much better. Cunnane Law is here to help. The sooner we are called, the better we can assist you.
- We have helped people who needed legal assistance for over 20 years.
- We have helped people get on LTD claims so that they can pay their rent and medical bills.
- We offer a complimentary consultation when you call 425.672.7100. If we are confident that you have a case we can help with, we work on a contingent-fee basis, so you only pay our legal fees if we win your claim.